Job Title: Baker
Reports to: Kitchen Team Lead
Posting ID #: 2521
As a Baker, your main duties are to produce high quality, exceptional doughnuts and baked goods in a high-capacity kitchen environment, and ensure all of our products are available for as much of the day as possible.
- Making yeast dough, sourdough, scones, cinnamon buns, pastry creams, curds, fruit fillings, choux pastry and glazes
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment
- Produces products for pre-orders
- Communicates with the front of house staff regarding pre-orders and production
- Assists with counting inventory and ordering products.
- Preps work area in advance of a production shift
- Active and productive member of the overall Café team
- Sanitizes food preparation areas as determined by HACCP and company policy
- Is aware of kitchen safety procedure, and the location of all HACCP record forms
- Promotes and celebrates our culture
*Other duties and special projects may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school Diploma
- Culinary or Pastry Diploma (An asset)
- Food Safe Certification
- 1 Year of similar work experience
- VERY passionate about coffee, and Food
- Knowledge of specialty coffee, coffee trends and café operations
- Attention to detail, able to present digestible information effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively to achieve results
- Interest and desire to work in the specialty coffee, food industry
- Ability to build strong internal working relationships and be an effective communicator
- Have a “no job is too small” mentality: you roll up your sleeves, boldly jump in and get it done!
- Have ability to see a project through from beginning to end while demonstrating the ability to both multi-task effectively and prioritize tasks
- Be results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Positive outlook, and be able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to Karly Pomes Executive Chef at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title and posting ID # in the subject line. If you know someone who you believe would be a great fit for this role and for the Company, please share the job details with them and ask them to apply!