Director of Ecommerce & Digital Marketing
Director of Ecommerce & Digital Marketing
We are seeking a Director of eCommerce & Digital Marketing to join our management team and lead the execution of our eCommerce growth plan.
This entrepreneurial leader will have the opportunity to own and optimize all eCommerce channels, including our DTC Shopify store and Amazon, as well as lead our digital marketing efforts across North America.
As the Director of Ecommerce & Digital Marketing, you will manage a lean & nimble team, and coordinate with key stakeholders including coffee team, cafés, and production.
You will be immersed in the world of specialty coffee, and leverage your knowledge & experience in digital channels to bring our brand to life and deliver online growth.
The position reports to the President will be based out of our Roastery in Burnaby, B.C.\
- Develop and execute the annual eCommerce plan for DTC (Shopify), mobile app, and Amazon (FBA) channels
- Define and track performance metrics, such as marketing spend, traffic, conversion, AOV, ROI, and NPS, and manage key performance levers to exceed monthly revenue and margin targets
- Identify and implement revenue growth and cost-saving opportunities, such as process improvements and new marketing channels
- Establish effective external vendor and partner relationships to support growth plans
- Provide regular business updates to the Finance and Leadership Team, including in-depth monthly performance reports
Site Management & Fulfilment
- Manage and optimize the DTC (Shopify) site through merchandising, content, product launches, promotional events, A/B tests, CRO, and feature roadmap execution
- Define customer segments and user journeys to inform content, UX, and new site features
- Ensure site security, reliability, and functionality, including SEO optimizations, GTM, and integrations such as product feeds and ERP integrations
- Develop and execute retention strategies through marketing automation, subscriptions, loyalty programs, and unboxing experiences
- Manage the 49th mobile app, including tactics to encourage downloads, integration with Café Order-Ahead, and ongoing content and feature rollouts
- Manage order processing and fulfillment, optimizing processes and technology to improve efficiencies and meet the 72-hour order-to-ship time
- Manage customer communications, including inbounds such as chat, email, and reviews, and outbounds such as FAQs, inserts, and information updates
- Manage the Amazon FBA business, including inventory replenishment, customer reviews, product launches, competitive pricing, and sponsored ads
- Oversee third-party contractors and agencies managing site functionality and improvements, such as developers and UX
- Manage digital marketing channels to support growth and ROI targets, including search, display, social, affiliates, and influencers
- Optimize spend to achieve target efficiency, including new customer growth, CAC, and contribution margin
- Define and execute the marketing calendar of content and promotional activities across site, email, social, mobile app, and digital marketing channels
- Monitor trends in digital marketing to optimize existing channels or identify new platforms for acquisition and/or retention campaigns
- Own the digital marketing budget, ensuring optimal allocation of dollars across advertising channels based on performance metrics, and identify opportunities to drive above-plan growth through increased investment
- Oversee third-party contractors and agencies managing specific platforms, such as Google and Meta
- Inspire, lead, and mentor the Ecommerce Manager, Content Manager, and Ecommerce Order Processing and Fulfillment team, providing clear roles and responsibilities and investing in them for continued success
- Collaborate with the Coffee team on ongoing seasonal coffee launches, new product ideas, and coffee education
- Support the café business through content creation and social media management
- Coordinate closely with key operational teams, such as coffee production, warehouse management, finance, and external technical vendors
- Celebrate eCommerce wins across the organization
Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in E-commerce and digital marketing, with a proven track record of driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Successful track record in executing initiatives across multiple digital channels, such as site improvements, promotional events, marketing campaigns, and product launches
- Deep understanding and experience with various tools and platforms such as Shopify, Amazon, Google Analytics, Meta, Google Ads, Klaviyo, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data to make strategic decisions based on insights
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to manage a team and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders
- Dynamic, forward-thinking leader with a proven track record of exceptional execution and strong project management skills
- Positive attitude and proactive problem solver with a "no job is too small" mentality to get things done
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and communicate effectively
- Strong management and leadership skills to grow and manage a team effectively
- Interest and/or passion for specialty coffee
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Marketing, Business Administration, or Communication
- Relevant certifications or training in ecommerce, digital marketing, and/or management preferred
- Five (5) years of industry experience.
- Five (5) years experience managing a team.
- Experience in Consumer Food and Beverage would be a strong asset.