Ecommerce Processing & Fulfillment Coordinator
Overview: The Ecommerce Processing and Order Fulfillment Coordinator is part of our small but nimble Ecommerce team supporting the growth and expansion of 49th Parallel Roaster’s website and amazon channels. This role’s key focus is ensuring 49th provides exceptional customer service via efficient processing, picking, and packing of all online orders to the customers with care and attention. There is currently one Ecommerce Processing & Order Fulfillment Coordinator on the team and we are looking to add an additional Coordinator to support Ecommerce volume, becoming a team of two.
This is a full-time hourly position reporting into the Director of Ecommerce. The role is based at our Burnaby Roastery.
Order Processing (25%)
- Review, approve and batch print orders and shipping labels to be shipped out for the day.
- Flag and create custom paperwork for all USA orders.
- Escalate issues with shipping vendors (lost package, delayed shipments) and recommend and execute solution.
- Enter and track shipped orders from the day into ERP system.
Order Fulfillment (Pick, Pack, and Ship) (50%)
- Organize orders to be shipped in order of priority (express shipments first).
- Pick and gather coffee and products from warehouse.
- Carefully and accurately pack coffee and merchandise into shipping boxes.
- Collate order + shipping label + prior notice and label onto boxes.
- Flag missing inventory and work with Coffee Packing/Roasting team to request needed coffee for the day’s shipment.
- Pre-build boxes for next day’s orders and flag shipping material needs when inventory runs low (boxes, tape, paper etc).
- Constantly evaluate current workflows and recommend opportunities to optimize processes.
Customer Experience Overflow (20%)
- Manage customer experience communication channels and respond to order-related customer inquiries within 24 business hours, trouble shoot and execute solutions in a timely manner.
- Comfortably respond to customer inquiries via email in a professional voice and at times may need to answer phone inquiries.
- Order requests may include: Cancellations, product swaps, backorder product swaps, sending freebies, shipping carrier follow-up.
- Track, flag and report on customer experience trends (quality feedback, shipping errors, system errors) and escalate to Ecommerce Specialist and Director when needed.
- Manage Ecommerce Inventory area, ensuring non-coffee product and merchandise are stored in labeled areas.
- Own monthly inventory count of Ecommerce non-coffee product and merchandise.
- Support with Amazon FBA inventory replenishment as needed (print labels, pick coffee, pack, and box up for carrier pick-up)
- Support Ecommerce Specialist with Admin related needs.
- Comfortable with physical work (standing and lifting boxes)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and is computer savvy, quick to learn new systems.
- Builds strong internal working relationships and is a strong communicator.
- With a “no job is too small” mentality, you roll up your sleeves, boldly jump in and get it done!
- Speedy and accurate with picking, packing, shipping out orders.
- Detailed oriented, tracking orders and flagging issues that come up.
- Quick to learn and understand shipping processes.
- Able to make decisions on the fly and prioritize urgent shipments.
- Always puts customer first, providing Exceptional customer service.
Benefits: extended health program, on-site parking, staff discounts on coffee and free coffee on-site!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition or political views.
If you think you are the right fit for the job please send your resume and hourly salary expectations through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can't wait to hear from you!
Who we are: 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters is a Vancouver based Coffee Roastery founded in 2004. The company started small but with years of dedication to growing a customer base, 49th Parallel stands high in the ranks as one of Canada’s best specialty coffee companies. What sets us apart from other roasters is our commitment to direct trade, going direct to the farms to strengthen relationships and providing transparency in how we acquire and bring specialty coffee to our loyal customers.