Job Type: Ecommerce Specialist
Location: Burnaby Head Office
About 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters
49th Parallel Coffee Roasters is a Vancouver based Coffee Roastery founded in 2004. The company started small but with years of dedication to growing a customer base, 49th Parallel stands high in the ranks as one of Canada’s best specialty coffee companies. What sets us apart from other roasters is our commitment to direct trade, going direct to the farms to strengthen relationships and providing transparency in how we acquire and bring specialty coffee to our loyal customers.
49th is looking for an Ecommerce Specialist to be a part of our small but nimble Ecommerce department supporting the growth and expansion of 49th Parallel Roaster’s website and amazon channels. This role has a wide scope providing opportunities to own multiple areas of the Ecommerce business including digital marketing, site operations, customer experience and order processing.
This is a full-time salaried position reporting into the Director of Ecommerce.
Ecommerce Site Operations (50%)
- Responsible for product accuracy on website and amazon, including copy, photography, and linking. • Help maximize and drive Amazon and Ecommerce sales by optimizing product detail pages continually, add/update content including copy, product images, videos.
- Monitor and manage website and amazon inventory, prevent stock outs and replenish stock accordingly. • Maintain website product taxonomy – leveraging SEO, search, analytics, content, merchandising, internal search to ensure consistent execution and optimal customer experience. • Continually improve online experience by implementing website enhancements in collaboration with Director of Ecommerce and development team, listening to customer feedback/product reviews, learn from sales data and site metrics. • Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Partner with Creative Director on email and social media strategy and execution.
- Project manage and work cross-functionally (Coffee Masters, Quality Control, Creative Director) to execute new product launches, email and social campaigns, and owing content calendar.
- Generate weekly and monthly reporting; review analytics and highlight findings.
- Keep up to date on Ecommerce trends and Amazon offerings, providing regular updates to Director of Ecommerce.
Ecommerce Customer Experience (30%)
- Manage customer experience channels via phone, email and product reviews.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer inquiries and product reviews within 24 business hours in a professional, brand voice.
- Trouble shoot order issues efficiently and effectively.
Ecommerce Order Processing (20%)
- Is the point of contact for Shipping and Order Desk to and Ecommerce order fulfillment needs.
- Import Amazon and Ecommerce orders into ERP system at a timely basis.
- Collaborate with Warehouse leader to ensure orders shipped to customers are completed with quality and accuracy. Provide training or communication if packaging or materials are updated.
- 1 to 2+ Years Ecommerce Experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) • Experience with Shopify or similar ecommerce platform and an ability to quickly learn new software is critical
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Have a project management mindset and can see a project through from beginning to end with ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize tasks.
- Builds strong internal working relationships and is a strong communicator
- With a “no job is too small” mentality, you roll up
Benefits: extended health program, on-site parking, flexible work location and free coffee!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition or political views.
If you think you are the right person for the job please state your salary expectations along with your resume and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org.We can't wait to hear from you!