Job Title: Kitchen Manager
Report to: Executive Chef
Posting ID #: 2121
In this position, you will act as a Team Lead for the Kitchen staff, and your main duties are to produce high quality exceptional doughnuts and baked goods in a high-capacity kitchen environment to ensure all of our products are available for as much of the day as possible.
This position is responsible for the following duties:
- All baking and glazing tasks, including but not limited to: yeast dough, scones, doughnut fillings, and glazes.
- Oversees pastry kitchen operations and leads the team in day-to-day tasks.
- Assists with training pastry staff on new products and recipes.
- Assist with creating the weekly schedule in accordance with labour cost and percentage.
- Curates deep cleaning and prep schedules and follows through on completion
- Completes weekly orders for ingredients and supplies needed for operations
- Participates in monthly inventory on the last Sunday of each month. If unable due to sickness or vacation, ensures proper coverage.
- Communicate with Executive Chef when unable to complete or unsure of any tasks; Develop and propose solutions for how to best proceed.
- Assist with training new employees.
- Ensure that team is sanitizing food preparation areas as determined by HACCP and company policy
- Familiar with kitchen safety procedure, and the location of all HACCP record forms
*Other duties and special projects may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma, Culinary or Pastry Diploma would be an asset
- Entry level for Outlook and Excel
- Food Safe Certification
- 2 Year of similar work experience
- 2 years of supervisor experience
- Ability to lead and motivate the team
- Ability to give constructive and meaningful feedback; willingness to receive and act upon feedback received from others
- Demonstrate and embed the company values throughout the department and the company as a whole; Promote and celebrate our culture.
- Effective communicator
- Willingness to coach employees and assist them in reaching their highest potential
Soft Skills / Other:
- VERY passionate about coffee and food
- Knowledge of specialty coffee, coffee trends and café operations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively to achieve results
- Ability to build strong internal working relationships and be an effective communicator
- Have a “no job is too small” mentality: you roll up your sleeves, boldly jump in and get it done!
- Have ability to see a project through from beginning to end while demonstrating the ability to both multi-task effectively and prioritize tasks
- Be results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Positive outlook and attitude
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to Karly Pomes Executive Chef at email@example.com and include the job title and posting ID # in the subject line. If you know someone who you believe would be a great fit for this role and for the Company, please share the job details with them and ask them to apply!