KITCHEN TEAM LEAD
Reports to: EXECUTIVE CHEF
In this position, you will act as a team lead and supervise the kitchen staff. Your main duties are to produce high quality, exceptional doughnuts and baked goods in a high-capacity kitchen environment to ensure all of our products are available for as much of the day as possible.
· Oversees pastry kitchen operations per café and leads and supervises the team in day-to-day tasks.
· Assists with training pastry staff on new products and recipes.
· Assists with creating the weekly schedule in accordance with labour cost and percentage.
· Assists with training new employees.
· All baking and glazing tasks, including but not limited to: yeast dough, scones, doughnut fillings, and glazes.
· Curates deep cleaning and prep schedules and follows through on completion.
· Completes weekly orders for ingredients and supplies needed for operations.
· Participates in monthly inventory on the last Sunday of each month. If unable due to sickness or vacation, ensures proper coverage.
· Communicates with Executive Chef when unable to complete or unsure of any tasks; Develops and proposes solutions for how to best proceed.
· Ensures that team is sanitizing food preparation areas as determined by HACCP and company policy.
· Familiar with kitchen safety procedure, and the location of all HACCP record forms.
· High School Diploma
· Culinary or Pastry Certificate/Diploma would be an asset
· Entry level Outlook and Excel skills
· Food Safe Certification Level 1
· 2 years of commercial baking experience
· 1-2 years of baking supervisor experience
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to Karly Pomes, Executive Chef, at Karly@49thparallelroasters.com.