Job Type: Full Time, Mid-level/Senior
Location: Main St Cafe, Vancouver, BC
Joining our team at a management level requires an innate business sense, experience in the speciality coffee industry and the proven ability to be a successful leader. The type of person we are looking for is highly skilled, enthusiastic and is continually working to improve the customer experience.
- Working with upper-level management to ensure that standards in customer service, beverage preparation and cleanliness are met and exceeded.
- Consistently bringing a positive and motivated attitude to the cafes and inspire the team to be upbeat and focused.
- Comfortable with quality control and dial in of espresso and filter coffees using a refractometer and sensory evaluation.
- Educate on a base level for new employees
- Availability to work a variety of shifts between 6:30 am and 10:30 pm over a 7 day period
- Assist with scheduling
- Manage cash out and cash in balances
- Be the bridge of communication between the front of house and back of house regarding doughnut and pastry levels
- A solid understanding of espresso and filter coffee preparation.
- Proven success and experience leading a team.
- At least one year of barista experience in a fast-paced coffee shop.
- Enthusiasm for our products and an approachable personality.
- Willingness to learn, be open to new techniques which ensure our standards are met.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback.
- Confident with conflict resolution strategies.
- Strong organizational skills and punctual.
- Self-driven to continually find areas for improvement and actively pursue the best quality.
Interested applicants who possess the required skills for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Main St. Manager - your name”.