Job Type: Barista Position
Location: Main Street Cafe
About 49th & Luckys Doughnuts
49th Parallel is a coffee company that calls the Pacific Northwest home. We source, roast, brew, and serve coffee we believe in and our customers love. Our cafes are a showcase for our coffee and service.
Our hard work and commitment to quality makes 49th Parallel a rewarding and exciting place to be. We want our customers to experience the wonders of great coffee we bring to the PNW from our partners at origin. Similarly, we want our partners in Colombia, Guatemala, Ethiopia, Kenya and Honduras to be proud of how we serve their coffee to our customers.
Providing exceptional hospitality to our customers is paramount. Our customers mean everything to us and any new employee joining our team must have the following characteristics:
● Provide friendly, efficient and personal service to each customer with a smile
● Create a rapport with customers by learning their names and favourite go-to drinks
● Maintain high standards and knowledge of our products by tasting filter coffee and espresso regularly
● A strong dose of common sense, reliability, consistency, a great sense of humour and a 'can-do' attitude
● Accurately process transactions in a POS system with a positive solution-focused attitude
● Strong attention to detail, a healthy respect for cleanliness and an organised workspace
● Excitement about the task of ensuring that each customer has a quality experience in our cafe
● An energetic and dynamic personality who can multitask like a CHAMP and possess good task-management skills
● Open to constructive criticism and constantly striving to improve
● Respect for fellow teammates needs and helping each other to succeed in providing exceptional service our customers expect
● Availability to work a variety of shifts between 6:00am and 10:30pm over a 7 day period.
● A love for doughnuts isn't a prerequisite, but I mean, our sub-company Lucky's Doughnuts are baked fresh all day everyday in each of our locations. I guess that was really more of a warning ;P
If you love serving exceptional coffee, get a kick out of seeing someone smile and thrive in a fast-paced environment, please get in touch!
This is a unique position with room for growth within the company. If you have management or leadership skills, we would love to hear from you.
49th Parallel Coffee Roasters offers competitive wages, a positive work environment and extended benefits after one year of full-time employment.
Interested applicants are encouraged to either stop by the cafe during operating hours to hand off their resume, or email your Resume and Cover letter to email@example.com
We can't wait to hear from you!