Job Type: Full Time, Salary
Location: Vancouver, BC
About 49th & Luckys Doughnuts
When we say “family” at 49th Parallel, it resonates through our entire business. From being family owned to the respect and pride every member of our team shows every day when they arrive to work. We are a group of hard working individuals but we don’t end there, we just begin. We are creative, loyal, adventurers, hikers, campers, backpackers, out of towners and so much more. We have the utmost respect for the coffee industry around the world and the millions of hours that go into creating the perfect doughnut. That's why at 49th & Luckys you aren’t just drinking a cup of coffee or eating a doughnut, but sharing the journey
We are looking to invite a new member to the family at 49th & Luckys Doughnuts. Someone who shares our beliefs and passions, works well as a team, communicates well, can laugh at work and can add their touch of family. As the “Regional Chef” you will be moving between the cafes ensuring consistency, quality and everyone is trained to standard. You will work alongside the Executive Chef by collaborating on new products, practices and helping take our business to the next level. It is expected that you will have a strong Pastry, Baking & Savouring cooking background. This is a hands on role and working at a face pace, solving problems quickly and having a high attention to detail is crucial.
- Meeting the demands of our customers and doing our best to give them positive solutions if there ideal outcome can not be met.
- Insuring all products are available all day and ready in a timely manner. Fresh is best.
- Insuring our entire product range is available all day and ready in a timely manner. We hold a high standard to freshness and quality.
- Run food, clear tables, assure the cafes are clean back and front.
- When necessary you will be asked to help run food, clear tables, assure the cafe is clean both front and back.
- Monitor the overall efficiency of the cafe and provide input and support when needed.
- Being more than just another work is incredibly important. We are looking for someone who adds their own flare to the job and helps keep our staff motivated and upbeat. You will be working with staff from all three locations so being able to adapt to different spaces, people and situations is crucial.
- Help manage waste levels and ensure par levels are being correctly updated and kept.
- Be available early until late, however a 40 hour week is the minimum expected.
- We are looking for someone to lead the team. If you believe you possess all of these skills then apply within.
- 5-10 years kitchen experience.
- Red seal or equivalent, (attach photo copy to resume)
- Ability to work as a line chef, pastry chef and baker - You need to be all rounded.
- Strong References
- Own transportation and current BC driving license
- Canadian visa or permanent resident status/citizen
70% travel throughout Territory.
At 49th & Luckys our employees are important. We pay above standard wages, offer health care packages after 1 year of employment, encourage career growth and education when necessary. We are a growing company and we want to hire someone to grow with us.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
This position description, describes the general workflow and tasks involved with the job. However it does not necessarily highlight every aspect of the duties and responsibilities required.
Interested applicants who possess the required skill for this position, please send a cover letter, certificates, references and CV to email@example.com with the subject line “49th Regional Chef - Your Name”