Job Type: Warehouse Leader
Location: Burnaby Head Office
About 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters
49th Parallel is a coffee company that calls the Pacific Northwest home. We source, roast, brew, and serve coffee we believe in and our customers love. Our cafes are a showcase for our coffee and service.
Our hard work and commitment to quality makes 49th Parallel a rewarding and exciting place to be. We want our customers to experience the wonders of great coffee we bring to the PNW from our partners at origin. Similarly, we want our partners in Colombia, Guatemala, Ethiopia, Kenya and Honduras to be proud of how we serve their coffee to our customers.
49th Parallel Coffee Roasters is looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic, and organized full-time Warehouse Leader to lead our shipping and inventory team. The candidate will need to be focused on time management, making sure every item of stock gets to its destination on time by ensuring product is packaged and shipped to our customers. This will also include unpacking shipments. You need to be task focused, great at delegation and always looking at the big picture while taking care of the details. You will lead a team of shipping and receiving members.
- Allocate resources and organize and distribute daily work duties to members to ensure optimal shift/team operational logistics.
- Lead an ensure continuous improvement efforts for optimal efficiency of the operations.
- Designing racking and placement of products in order of utility and efficiency
- Picking, packing and preparing orders in terms of priority
- Unloading containers and placing products in organized locations
- Accurately entering product movement into ERP software (coming soon)
- Restocking of products in warehouse
- Performing warehouse inventory controls and counts
- Following quality service standards and complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Keeping a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Reporting any product discrepancies
- 1-2+ year of warehouse experience - previous experience leading warehouse
- Forklift Operator License - proficiency required and interview test included
- Experience using an ERP is an asset (coming soon)
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Able to Lift and/or push/pull up to 40lbs.
- Able to Stand for long period of time.
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and team player
- Reliable for warehouse operating hours: Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 500 PM (may vary)
Benefits: extended health program, on-site parking and free coffee!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition or political views.
If you think you are the right person for the job please send your resume and cover letter through to email@example.com.We can't wait to hear from you!