Job Type: Barista Position
Location: Kitsilano Cafe, West 4th
About 49th & Luckys Doughnuts
49th Parallel is a coffee company that calls the Pacific Northwest home. We source, roast, brew, and serve coffee we believe in and our customers love. Our cafes are a showcase for our coffee and service and providing exceptional hospitality to our customers is paramount.
Our hard work and commitment to quality makes 49th Parallel a rewarding and exciting place to be. We want our customers to experience the wonders of great coffee we bring to the PNW from our partners at origin. Similarly, we want our partners in Colombia, Guatemala, Ethiopia, Kenya and Honduras to be proud of how we serve their coffee to our customers.
We are currently looking for a full-time Barista (35 - 40 hours per week) at our West 4th Avenue cafe. The main duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• To provide exemplary service to all patrons of the cafe and ensure excellent product
quality at all times.
• Taking orders, making recommendations and processing transactions
• Greeting customers
• Communicating with the kitchen of special requirements
• Organizing stock
• Preparing and serving specialty coffee drinks including espresso based beverages to the
• Dialing in and tasting espresso and coffees to ensure product quality
• Assisting with newer staff and helping to train on in-cafe routines
• 3+ years of experience in a service or sales environment
• 2+ years of experience in a coffee focused position, with experience of preparing specialty
espresso based beverages
• Knowledge of coffee flavour notes and the ability to demonstrate a good palate and adjust
extraction based on taste
• Experience of providing staff training is an asset
Other Required Experience
The desire to develop coffee skills and continue a career in the specialty coffee industry. If you think you are the right person for the job please send your resume and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org