Senior Production Coffee Roaster
Title: Senior Production Coffee Roaster
Date: February 2021
Reports to: Director Coffee / Head Roaster
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
The Production Coffee Roaster is a member of roasting team responsible for roasting coffee to the highest specialty standards. The position includes learning 49th Parallel Roasters quality requirements and helping to maintain them, and ultimately improving them.
In addition, the Senior Production Coffee Specialist will assist in keeping the Acumatica roasting/production part of ERP system (Acumatica) functioning, must be able to operate green bean/roasting software Cropster, and will assist with the administrative requirements associated with coffee roasting.
- Operate multi-function roast machine(s) via Cropster Intelligence.
- Set-up and adjust processing/packing machines to prepare for operation (i.e., raw material, roast recipes, etc.)
- Organize roast schedules according to production demands • Record production information (quantity, weights, types, recipe profiles, quality, etc.)
- Manage daily production crew and ensure packing is done accurately and efficiently.
- Daily, weekly & monthly inventory management of raw material (green coffee beans).
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of all processing/roasting machines and work area.
- Consistently manage, record, and maintain quality of green bean to final cup following specific guidelines.
- Able to operate and manage raw material inventory with Cropster software.
- Minimum 1 year experience in specialty coffee roasting/production.
- VERY passionate about coffee.
- Knowledge of specialty coffee, coffee trends and café operations.
- Ability/openness to develop or have existing coffee tasting and evaluating skills.
- Ability/openness to develop basic knowledge of roasting and physical properties of roasted coffee.
- Attention to detail, able to present digestible information effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively to achieve results.
- Interest and desire to work in the specialty coffee industry.
- Strong MS Office skills in Excel, Power Point, and Word, at least basic Cropster operating skills.
- Ability to build strong internal working relationships and be an effective communicator.
- Have a “no job is too small” mentality: you roll up your sleeves, boldly jump in and get it done!
- Have ability to see a project through from beginning to end while demonstrating the ability to both multi-task effectively and prioritize tasks.
- Be results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team.
- Have a great sense of humor, positive outlook, and be able to effectively receive and communicate feedback.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, or political views.
If you think you are the right person for the job please send your resume and cover letter through email@example.com.
We can't wait to hear from you!