Wholesale Sales Representative
Title: Wholesale Sales Representative, Ontario
Date: May 2021
Reports to: Wholesale Manager
Location: Greater Toronto Region
Who we are:
49th Parallel Coffee Roasters is a Vancouver based Coffee Roastery founded in 2004. The company started small but with years of dedication to growing a customer base, 49th Parallel stands high in the ranks as one of Canada’s best specialty coffee companies. What sets us apart from other roasters is our commitment to direct trade, going direct to the farms to strengthen relationships and providing transparency in how we acquire and bring specialty coffee to our loyal customers. In addition to our 49th Parallel Cafes, we have a successful Wholesale business bringing our exceptional coffee to partners all around North America.
Our Vision: BUILD NORTH AMERICA’S LEADING SPECIALTY COFFEE MOVEMENT
Our Mission: Make Specialty Coffee Accessible to More People (in More Ways) By Crafting EXCEPTIONAL DIRECT TRADE COFFEE, WITH INTENTION, That INSPIRES CURIOSITY
As a vital member of the Wholesale Sales team, the Wholesale Sales Representative, Ontario, will meet or exceed sales and service expectations with our Wholesale Café, Restaurant and Specialty Grocery partners. The emphasis will be on building relationships and growing volume with existing accounts, as well as seeking out and securing new opportunities. This role will act as a champion and ambassador for our brand and the specialty coffee movement. A true passion for consultative selling is essential. In this role, approximately 70-80% of time will be spent on the road in Ontario.
- Maintain and grow existing volume and distribution by building credible and long-term relationships with Cafes/Restaurants (50%) and Specialty Grocery stores (50%)
- Offer exceptional front-line customer service and support
- Prospect, quantify, and qualify new accounts to determine potential fit with brand
- Bring on new cafes, restaurants and grocery stores to meet assigned targets for new business
- Manage schedule and routing to ensure regular contacts and communication
- Conduct coffee tasting and education sessions
- Report regularly on wins, challenges and opportunities and offer constructive suggestions
- Track all leads and document visits and contacts
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the specialty coffee market, including what it takes to win
- Act as a team player and support teammates across the organization
- Manage assigned budget as required
Knowledge & Skills
- 2 or more years selling experience in a fast-moving environment; experience with food service or grocery a definite asset
- Proven track record in meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Excellent customer focus & relationship management skills
- Desire and drive to open new business opportunities
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, listening and written
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities
- Demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Proficient MS Office skills and CRM use
- Driver’s license and vehicle required
- Must be based in and familiar with the Greater Toronto Region; some travel required
- Have a passion for coffee!
The extra stuff: Competitive, performance-based compensation plan, Car/cell phone allowance and flexible work location!
If you think you are the right fit for the role, please send your resume and cover letter letting us know why you’d be the perfect candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can't wait to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition or political views.