Old School Espresso
CARAMEL · NUTS · DARK CHOCOLATE
A Medium-Dark roast espresso.
DOWNLOAD COFFEE CARD
Old School Espresso is 49th’s tribute to a traditional espresso with a Pacific North West style. Roasted medium-dark, it highlights the sweetness and body of the coffee.
Old School Espresso is ideal for those who prefer low acidity and full body with dark chocolate aromas and flavours of cocoa, caramel and molasses.
To see our straightforward approach to making delicious espresso, click here.
As of Aug 12, 2019 Old School Espresso consists of:
- Bourbon, Typica
- 1500-2000 m.a.s.l.
Brazil Bobolink Venda Nova
- Bourbon, Catuai, Mundo Novo
- 1100-1350 m.a.s.l
For all espresso we recommend the following parameters (for an 18g VST Precision Filter Basket):
- 18 grams of freshly ground coffee
- Timer for 28 - 32 seconds
- Pull 37 - 39 grams of liquid espresso
- Grouphead at 200 - 201° F
- 9 bars at machine gauge
- Producer: Varies
- Country: Varies
- Region: Varies
- Elevation: Varies
- Variety: Varies
- Harvest Year: Current crop
- Roast Level: Medium/Dark Espresso Roast